Monday, April 14, 2008

Gnarly

It looks like we may have a spring this year. The temperature rose to about 55 and the sun was out. I took a hike down by the the big river, near Hidden Falls. The river is flowing freely and most of the piles of white snow have disappeared, even in the wooded areas. This tree, which has been gnarled by varying water levels, is on the St Paul side of the river, almost directly opposite the place where Minnehaha Creek empties into the Mississippi.



I'm off to Wooddale to play tennis with the gang of geezers. The indoor season is about to yield to the great outdoors on the tennis courts of St Paul. Tomorrow may kick off my biking season in Minnesota. I have some Florida miles on my legs from riding with the great flatlands rider in the very flat part of Port Charlotte. Life is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad your weather is improving. I like the gnarly tree photo. SS