Friday, February 25, 2011

Ponce's Park

A slower day today.  Santini and I strolled through Ponce de Leon Park in Punta Gorda on a beautiful Florida afternoon.  There were a lot of old looking people about, enjoying the breeze and the warmness, including a visitor from Minnesota.  Fisherman's Village at the end of the park area was filled with shoppers, a hopeful sign that the economy is improving.  I took a picture of the park's namesake statue.


And later a photo of my hostess by the park's aging tennis courts, sitting on a park bench, a recurring theme in this space.  I didn't play the sport today, but was thankful for yesterday's activity on the courts on Gasparilla Island.


There was another pretty nice sunset on the waterway by Santini's place.  I took this photo after dinner and another stroll around Sunrise Park across Edgewater from here.  Not a bad day for recuperating from the nasty virus I toted down here from the north.


Another nice day in southwest Florida.

2 comments:

swamp dweller said...

Nice sunset. Where are the photos of Ollie's Pond Park?

Jimi said...

Ollie's pond is coming soon. It's on the schedule.