Thursday, February 24, 2011

Gator

I played some tennis today. The haze of the virus has lifted somewhat, and I went to Gasparilla Island to play a couple of sets of singles with my friend, John, from Minnesota who is vacationing there. He's a good host and supplied some good competition, plus he fed me a great lunch and went walking on the beautiful shell filled beach that is pictured below. I'm still in my tennis duds and bare legged outside in the sun. If that isn't nice, what is?


On the way to the ferry that took us to the island, I saw my first alligator in the wild in Florida. At least the first that I've seen this century. It wasn't an eight footer, actually probably a juvenile waiting patiently in the water for the unwary. He was in salt water, which isn't usual, but he seemed comfortable. I kept my distance.


It was another beautiful day in the eighties in southwest Florida. Santini cooked a great chicken dinner, the recipe for which is on the family food blog.

3 comments:

BDE said...

I saw gators in Florida in around 1960 when my family visited Sarasota and went to some alligator farm and some huge park with a water-skiing show and river rides. You saw one in the wild! And you are wearing shorts. Sigh.

Retired Professor said...

Thanks for the kind words about the food. Nice legs, too, by the way.

Rodney said...

Buffalo?