Thursday, August 12, 2010

More of the same

Another ninety plus day in the Saintly City. No tennis, but I did get out a bit this afternoon to see if I could stand the heat, or if I'd have to get out of the kitchen. I went to Como to check out the flutterby garden. There were quite a few people out in the park for such a beastly day, and there were some flutterbys hovering around the nectar sources. I took some photos, and this is the best of them. It's not a monarch, I realize, but it was within camera range. I think it's a giant swallowtail according to this guy.





I think it's getting to be time to get out my blueberry recipes. It's blueberry season.

5 comments:

din soster said...

It is hard to photograph butterflies. They just won't hold still.

Hot, humid and hazy here, too.

Do you have some new blueberry recipes?

Jimi said...

How about blueberry salsa? I've seen a few recipes on the internet that don't look bad. TT

santini said...

Ewww. Though I've had peach and mango salsa, over cream cheese, and it was good.

That is an interesting butterfly link.

Jimi said...

How about trying this (purloined from the internet):

This fresh and delicious salsa recipe combines blueberries with jalapenos, red onion, lime juice, and cilantro. And be sure to check out my Start With - Blueberries article for more recipes using this wonderful fruit.
Prep Time: 20 minutes

Total Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:

2 cups blueberries
1/2 medium red onion, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
3 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup lime juice
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
Preparation:

Coarsely chop 1 cup of blueberries. In a medium bowl, combine the chopped and whole blueberries and the remaining salsa ingredients. Cover and let stand for one hour to blend flavors. Serve with grilled chicken or fish.


TT

santini said...

The blueberry soup has a cup of Muscatel in it. Dad would have liked it, perhaps. I like the blueberry salsa idea better. We could serve it with Tilapia.