Friday, July 16, 2010

Not a boat anchor

To prove that I can take a photo and then later load it onto the new computer and use it in a blog, I took a picture, loaded it onto the new computer and am now blogging with it. The new machine rules.



Another hot summer day. I played some tennis at the tennis court at MacKubin in the morning before the major heat event. It was mainly hitting ground strokes with Curt. It was all practice and shoot the breeze sort of day. We had to discuss the BP oil gusher and its progress. And I had to tell the story of the recent transition of my iBook from trusted compatriot to boat anchor and the subsequent trip to the Genius Bar to make it all better. But it was mostly hit forehands and volley at the net. It was good to be outside and to be mobile.

Later I visited the Farmer's Market at what used to be St Luke's, now St Thomas Aquinas, where I was able to procure early season veggies. There may be corn on the cob somewhere, but I didn't find any. I just bought cukes, zukes, and tomatoes. We ate some of each for dinner when the young'uns dragged home from their day labors.

A slow day and a good day to still be in the early stages of my geezerhood.

1 comment:

santini said...

Those learning curves are tough, but you seem to be making good progress. Take it easy in this heat.