Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Boat Anchor

This is an interesting story, at least to me. Monday, after several weeks wherein my Apple iBook was slowing to a crawl and I was getting frustrated dealing with it, I bought a new computer. I had backed up all my files to a stand alone hard disk about a week ago, so I was ready to move my files and go on with the new guy. The morning that I brought the new computer home, the old one died. Stone dead. Boat anchor dead. I can't boot it at all, even with the DVD that comes with it. I'm beginning to deal with the issue, but my photos are still captive on the old computer, but also on the stand alone. I think I'll be able to get them eventually, but for now, I'm using a nice flower photo that I took about a year ago. I rescued it from the standalone. I like it fine.



I am blogging from the new computer and it is pretty nice. A lot faster than the old one, too.

Tommy is coming to town near the end of July for the family reunion. Maybe several of them. He hasn't been in town for several years, so he has people to see and things to do. And, true to his nature, he's driving from Pensacola. It will be nice to see him. He wants to see his brothers - all four may be in town.

Today was pretty hot. On my way home from tennis, the voice on the radio said the dew point was 78 and the heat index 107. I guess the temperature was about ninety. I had just finished playing three sets of tennis with my usual group and we all managed to survive, but it was mugggggy and hotttt. The tennis was pretty good, too, considering that the racket handles were all sopping wet from old guy sweat. The players, Bill, Tennis Dennis, Curt, and TT, when adding our ages together come out well over 250. I'm not sure I think it was a wise decision to play that long, but we had a lot of water and our insistence on finishing.

1 comment:

lunymagr said...

Pretty good story telling, old guy. Sorry about your computer/boat anchor. We've been there, and it is not fun. You were wise to back things up.

Nice flower photo -- really bright colors, and a nice color combination.

I'll pass on the information about Tom to the two brothers currently visiting Michigan. They would like to see him, I know. I hope it works out that he actually makes the trip.

Be careful in this heat.

SS