Monday, June 15, 2009

Ides of June

It's finally feeling like summer. I had to use the fan to cool off the upstairs bedrooms last night and today the temperature ventured into the 80's. I managed to get in my usual dose of tennis at Marie Park, this time in the late morning. The GTA (Geezer Tennis Association) was not there in full force. Dennis was hurting and Bill was working, so Curt and I were the only ones smacking forehands. It was a little windy, a cross wind that varied in velocity, so I had some problems with mis-hits, but the sun was shining and kept thinking that I was lucky to be out on such a nice day, and that "I love this game." We hit for about an hour and scheduled more for Wednesday afternoon. I came home for a nap.

I put off photography until nearly dark when Unky Herb was home doing his exercise program. This was taken at Linwood Park and indicates how much the sky has clouded up.


This stop sign near Linwood has been altered by some of the activist graffiti artists in the area. Below the "STOP" it says "drop and roll," a reference to what we were told to do if we were ever accidentally set ablaze. Good advice.


The Prairie Princess was home for part of Sunday. She needed some equipment for a three day campout that is part of her job at MCC. The crew is staying at Afton State Park, while they do some checking on river side environmental easements that have been retained by the state. Apparently they haven't been too diligent in maintaining the state's property rights. She took a sleeping bag and some fishing equipment, plus other necessities.

1 comment:

Santini said...

A nice sunset photo. Clouds provide interest.

Summer tennis sounds a lot different than winter tennis.