Monday, June 22, 2009

Hot, Hot, Hot

We managed to get into the temperature into the nineties for the first time in June. I'm not sure why I claim responsibility, but, in any case, I did try to play some tennis at Marie Park in the middle of the afternoon. We (the Geezer Tennis Association - GTA [edited by TT to be correct]) played most of a set before I had to quit because of the heat and humidity. I heard 94 mentioned as the high reading, but my car thermometer sitting in the sun read 102 when I got back into it. It was probably too hot to play any more, but I managed about an hour on that piece of tarmac. I have included a photo of my equipment, the stuff I had to carry back to my car before escaping to the Matrix's air conditioner. I understand it will be about the same temp tomorrow. Summer in the city.



The tennis court that the city is refurbishing in Linwood Park has made some progress. The workmen have been by and put the fence around the court back up. The progress has been grindingly slow, but I assume that this project will finish this summer, maybe even in this fiscal year. Can we finish it? "Yes, we can."

3 comments:

Retired Professor said...

Ummmm.... are you crazy? That is a good way to get heat stroke, dude. Cut it out. Even Geezer Tennis Association people (and I would have gone with GTA, myself) should stay out of that kind of heat. Now, excuse me while I go take a bike ride before it hits 90 here.

T. Tousan said...

As Forest Gump might say, "Crazy is as crazy does," so maybe I'm a little touched. Your bike ride may also qualify under this rule.

No tennis for me today. I turned on the AC and am soaking my feet and perhaps my head. Summer in River City must be respected.

TT

santini said...

Glad to hear that good sense has prevailed. I am back from my ride, and it is only 89. Cooler near the lake, too. A little bit.