Friday, August 17, 2007

Rain is coming for the weekend

It was a fine late summer day in the Capitol City. I had a walk around Hidden Falls Park and along the Mississippi River bank. There were many other people there enjoying the beautiful day. I guess that tomorrow's tennis may get rained out, at least according to my favorite TV weather creature, Sven.

I like this photo partly because it shows the farm yard at Dick's Ranch in the way I remember it. Also it is a cute picture of the Michigan contingent of Dick's grandchildren, Santini and Bud. I think it is about 1948. Notice that the barn door is open. I scanned the original photo in and cropped and enhanced via Apple's iPhoto.


This may be my last use of shots of the trip to the B&B by the Lake. It was just after we arrived and KS was being hustled off to Tunnel Park. She was happy to get to the beach and the big lake. The Waving Family is well represented in the photo.


I picked some more of those backyard tomatoes. I'm starting to get a little tired of eating the beautiful red veggie, but I think they will be lasting a few more weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fine photos. It looks like rain will be here later today as well, and tomorrow looks like it could be pretty soggy. It is time for back to school shopping, however. An activity that is not defined by the weather. SS

Unknown said...

I can't get over the resemblance between Santini and my Lulu. It's uncanny! The weather here is fair and cool. We feel the precursors to fall here in Northeast. Leaves are starting to change early. Back to school shopping has been completed, save the shoes. Those are last-minute items. NM