Thursday, August 30, 2007

Name this flower

This pretty red flower is probably not native to Minnesota, but appears happy to be here. I found it in a sunny garden in Minneapolis. Does anyone know its name?


It was a beautiful day. Another one in a string of nice days. We had team practice at Highland High School courts. Jerry's 8.0 Mixed Doubles team is playing in the end of season tournament - I think it's called the Areas - on the weekend of September 14th, and we needed to practice some together. I'm going to play quite a bit because I am the only available 4.0 man and the 4.5 men can't play with the 4.0 women (that would be an illegal 9.5 team), and there are a couple of them on the team. Tonight I played a set with Barb and set with Marcia, plus a couple of ten point tie breakers. We played until the sun went down. It was a nice sunset, highly visible from the Highland Courts which sit on top of a St Paul hill. I didn't have my camera with me, so you will have to imagine the beauty of the occasion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty, but unknown to me. An unusually bright red. It sounds like one of the nicest days of tennis possible. And a nice spot for a tennis court, up on a hill with a sunset view. Cool. SS