Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Century Mark

This is my 100th post on the Tennis Tousan Blog. In celebration, I present a photo of Taggy. [I had no other good photos, so why not.]


The rain stayed away most of the day. The Wednesday group of tennis players assembled, swept the water off the courts, drew for partners, and then we slugged it out. I played three sets with three different partners and won only one of the sets. 6-7, 7-5, 3-6. I was weary by the last set and missing on six of the eight cylinders. I may need a daytime nap tomorrow, a luxury of the retired among us. The weather creatures are prognosticating all day precipitation on the morrow, so a welcome day of rest may be upon us. The people living in the Winona area got another rainstorm today, on top of the 15 plus inches that they got in a 24 hour period earlier this week. It's time to build an ark.

The Minnesota State Fair begins tomorrow. It's a place to get almost any kind of food on a stick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Food on a stick. Yum. SS