Thursday, August 16, 2007

Tunnel Parking

The hill at Tunnel Park is an attraction for visitors to the Tulip Capitol of Michigan. Here we have UH and KS, along with the SLO's, running up the hill, in a display of youthful vigor. The county keeps this part of the dune as sand so that when we visit there is a place for the crazies among us to have some fun. It's a great event. I claim the record for the oldest downhill runner at this venue, unofficially, of course. I haven't run uphill in years.


An old photo from about 1949 - just guessing from the apparent age of Gino. I don't remember the car, nor do I know the location of the shot, but I know the people involved - Santini, the father, Gino, TT, and GPa. I scanned it in early in August and used iPhoto to fix it up some. Does anyone know where it was taken? And is that the family car that is serving as a bench? Santini says she was noted for her lack of modesty at that age, but who really remembers? She and Gino are wearing shoes.


This afternoon I found the picnic table at Como Park where I had sushi on Tuesday with Kagami Sensei. The City of St Paul workers were busily loading the oak trees and branches into trucks to be transported elsewhere for chipping. The place smelled of oak kindling.

The West Coast Eagles are the defending champions of Australian Rules Football.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed the Tunnel Park runs this year. It is a cute photo -- too bad no one documented the 'oldest person to ever run down the dune' feat. Maybe next year. SS

Anonymous said...

I do have witnesses. I raced KS to the bottom several times (and always won, by changing the finish line to fit my ambitions.) Would you take her word as documentation. TT