Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Big Red and some blue

I start with a photo that I took at Holland State Park in the middle of a "death march" last week. The light house that I know as Big Red, is an icon of the area and my annual trip there, and it is the subject of many photos that I have taken. I like this one because it has blue in it and I know what the blue thing is. A hand rail next to the side walk out to the pier. It was a nice family vacation brightened by the visit of GPa Tom.


Today was jumping off day for the youngster. KS packed her bags and went to the airport. She's in the air as I write, winging her way to Nagoya and another stint as English teacher and adventurer. It was great to have her home, but the three weeks flew by. I include a photo taken at the Humphrey Terminal just prior to her departure. Herb was there, in his Cray Sweet Sixteen tee, to see her off before going on to work himself.


Tomorrow is a tennis day as the normal pattern of life returns. It'll be good to see the other geezers and smack a few forehands down the line. The vacation is over. Time to get back to retirement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice shot of Big Red. It was great to get to spend some time with KS. The time here is winding down as well, and the last of the vacationers head home today. Time to return to retirement mode for a short while, then back to semi-employed. Fall will be here soon. SS