Saturday, January 18, 2014

Still January

There really isn't much to blog about in January. And it's still January. We're over halfway through it and we've endured some downright frigid cold as the "polar vortex" visited us last week. I guess it's set to revisit again next week. There was a snow drop of about 3-4 inches overnight and I was forced to drive in it this morning before the plows were out. I was scheduled for early Saturday tennis and I had to leave the house at 8:30 to get there on time. When I got home the sun was out and the sky was blue so I went out and took some photos. First a selfie.


The sidewalk is shoveled, thanks to Unky Herb. There is some ice under the hard pack, but it's passable and I didn't have to move the white stuff. I was playing tennis, or maybe doing some white knuckle driving on the as yet unplowed freeways east of the city on the way to or from the tennis facility where I play.


The alleys in St Paul are plowed oftener and with better results than the streets. This one, behind the garage, was plowed this morning. The street in front of the house will be plowed sometime tomorrow as part of the "snow emergency" plowing process.


The Australian Open tennis tournament is in session (it's over 100ยบ there every day this week)  and soon the Winter Olympics will start, so maybe there will be some athletic action to comment on. I'm especially looking forward to watching some world class curling.

No comments: