Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Kite eating tree

A second straight day of morning freeze didn't seem to faze most of the area flowers and plants. These daffodils, early bloomers, continue to bloom.


I took an early evening walk around Linwood Park. The park was busy with walkers and frisbee players enjoying the cool April sunlight. This view encompasses not one, but two, kite eating trees at Linwood. I guess the last few windy days got quite a few kiters out to the park, I guess to feed the hungry trees.


It was a tennis day inside at Fort Snelling. It's been interesting as Tennis Dennis tries to return to the court after a bout with a detached retina. He's doing pretty well and healing pretty fast for a guy just past 70. We, the geezers, played a couple of 6-3 sets of pretty good doubles. I guess he exemplifies my feeling that you have to keep playing, even if your body complains about it, because if you don't, you'll rue the day you quit. And I don't want to rue the day.

3 comments:

Santini said...

Funny photo of the kite eating trees.

Don't give up.

Gino said...

Jim Valvano: Don't give up. Don't ever give up.

Jimi said...

Thanks. I won't ever give up.