Friday, March 2, 2012

Spanish Moss

After we mailed a large box of pine cones back to Minnesota via the USPS, we had a mosey through the ribbon park along the Peace River, or maybe it's Charlotte Harbor. It has been upgraded in the last couple of years and this year I discovered quite a number of artistically painted park benches. Park benches have been a theme on occasion in this blog and Santini's blog, so I took some photos to tide me over on slow days. One of the better ones is pictured at the end of this blog entry. There was good-natured talk between Santini, PW and I as we sauntered along the park trails. At one point PW expressed a wish to be pictured as taller than Santini and since she is about six inches shorter, it took a little camera magic, but I think we got 'er done with this shot.


There is a lot of Spanish moss in the park, and I picked out one which is especially resplendent and took a photo. Spanish moss is not often seen in Minnesota forests, if at all. Here is some Spanish moss hanging from a compliant tree.


And this is one of those really nicely painted benches at the ribbon park along the Peace River.

2 comments:

Mrs. Smith said...

The bench is beautiful and yesterday's sunset photo gorgeous. I do think the shot of PW being taller than Santini could have been a bit more subtle! I wish I could have joined you all on the walk along the Peace River. Grey and slushy around here.

Santini said...

It was a good day for silly photos.
I look forward to seeing more of your bench photos on slow days -- the one you chose for this post is one of my favorites, too.