Thursday, January 20, 2011

This is what January looks like in St Paul

It's eight below zero as I type these words, on its way to about 15 below. January's coldest days have arrived. With full knowledge that frigid air was on its way, I went out in the early afternoon to record what the street in front of my house looks like now. This is the view to the west and the next photo is the view to the east. The streets are lined with white walls of snow. It'll be worthwhile to look back on these in July when we face those dog days in the 90's.


No pavement in sight. My exercise walk today was inside a mall. I try not to make a habit of that, but today it seemed to be the right thing to do.


And this evening I played a couple of sets of tennis at Wooddale with Jerry and the hard core girls. It was nice to be inside running around in short pants and smacking tennis balls. It wasn't the prettiest tennis of the year, but it was good exercise and good fun. If that wasn't nice, what is?

2 comments:

Retired Professor said...

That's a heap of snow. It will be 90 degrees again in August, but it will not be possible to remember then how cold it was at -20. Be thankful for malls and hard core girls, I guess.

santini said...

I appreciate your photos. They convince me that I am where I should be, all things considered. Winter is brutal in MN.