Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cute Babies

When you don't have much to say, sometimes it's best to trot out an old picture of babies. These cuties were babies circa 1983 and the photo is one I've rescued from my dusty drawer of photographic slides. From left to right (pseudonyms only): Tennis Tousan, Prairie Princess, Wireless, Mr Moohoo.


I managed to get in some mall walking today. Once in a while I circle the inside of HarMar mall a couple of times to get exercise. This morning was only about ten degrees outside, so it seemed like an opportune day to do some circling.

Incidentally, speaking of circling, Bert Blyleven, a former Minnesota Twin, was elected to the baseball Hall of Fame this week. He was the fourth Twin to be so honored.

I've decided to keep track of my tennis activities this month and perhaps all year if I like the process. Other bloggers seem to have all the fun, logging their biking miles and reaching milestones, while I've been ignoring the beauty of statistics. It's not clear to me yet what I'll do with the stats, and what possible realizations will come of it, but I'm giving it a go. I have a new file on my laptop and I'll be filling it with cold hard facts.

I played mixed doubles tonight at Wooddale. Tonight, Becky had family responsibilities so the players were Jerry, Barb, Marsha and me. We managed to fit three full sets into an hour and a half. That doesn't happen very often, but the games were quick with few deuce points and the pace crisp: 4-6, 6-4, 6-2. I have a USTA league mixed doubles match Sunday night at Fort Snelling and Marsha is my expected partner. I'm on a league match losing streak, but I'm hoping to be able to get a win at Fort Snelling, which is one of my favorite tennis venues.

1 comment:

Santini said...

The girls are so cute in their coordinating red and white outfits. Christmas, no doubt. With their Dad's in their blue sweater/vests. Adorable.

Have fun with the stats.

Mall walking has its place in a dedicated exercise regimen. It rained here most of yesterday and I ended up doing the same thing. Ewww. But it keeps the blood circulating.