Monday, April 18, 2011

Possibly Tulips

Walking is pretty good exercise. It's also nice to have a mission. I thought I could find some colorful outdoors flowers. The place to look is in the parks and people's flower gardens. There have been crocuses and glory in the snows, but I think I stumbled across actually blooming tulips. I'm not completely sure because the shape of the bloom seems wrong, but the leaves, and the season of the year seem right on. These were sprouting in the butterfly garden at Como Park. They were pretty enough for a picture.


Most of Minnesota is waiting for the next snow fall, predicted for tomorrow, that may make this year very near the snowiest ever - or at least since European-Americans arrived and started to measure and record snowfall amounts. It's hard to get too excited by spring, when it keeps on snowing.

1 comment:

Santini said...

Lovely yellow flowers -- I don't think they are tulips, though. They look a little more like daffodils, but not quite right for that either? Maybe jonquils? Could be a version of tulips, there are several.

More snow? Will it never end?