Sunday, April 17, 2011

The cruelest month - April

As expected, yesterday's snow disappeared. Today, although a trifle brisk, had sunshine and a hint of optimism. Unky Herb was around and we did some yard cleanup. I'm always a little nervous about messing with the Prairie Princess' garden when she's not around, because it's mainly native grasses and I'm not sure how she wants them to be treated. But we picked up some of last year's grass and bagged it for the recycled grass site. It was pretty low key clean-up. I had a close-up look at the rabbit damaged lilac bush. I'm convinced it will survive, but it has been cut back by the once hungry hares. It is beginning to bud. Nature is pretty much in control in the back yard, however.

UH and I took a walk to Linwood Park, then down to the tennis court (then not being used - too cold), up the long steps, then to Grand Avenue and home. On the way I caught Herb taking an artsy photo along one of the tall stone walls lining St. Clair Avenue.


There is some more weather coming this way next week. One site predicts three inches of the lovely white stuff for Tuesday night into the morning. April is indeed a cruel month.

1 comment:

Retired Professor said...

I hope the lilac makes it -- it's a pretty nice bush.