Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Snowy egret gets away

Santini and I had another walk around Ollie's Pond today, except that this time we walked it in a clockwise direction. About halfway around when the sun peaked out from behind today's cloud cover we stopped for a photo. Note the wetland in the back ground. That is Ollie's Pond.


We chanced upon a snowy egret yesterday when at the public beach. It was pretty enough for a picture, and I hoped an action picture. I readied the camera and walked towards the bird, and as expected when I arrived within its discomfort zone, it flew. And I snapped. The result was bloggable enough and so I'm blogging with it.


Snowy egret scramming.


My time here is coming to a close soon. It's been a pleasant break from reality, but I'm pining for snowbanks and windchill. I've got to get out of this hell hole.

Just kidding.

1 comment:

Santini said...

I'm quite fond of Ollie's Pond. And the purse makes the 'unsightly bulge alert' unnecessary. So altogether a decent shot, from my perspective, at least.

Time to get out of this hell hole, indeed.