Sunday, March 13, 2011

Daylight savings begins, pi day and equinox to follow

It seems almost unfair that we have more snow on the ground than the folks in Michigan. It's been a long snowy winter and it was looking like the thaw would begin in the middle of last week, but winter returned, My back yard is good measurement of the amount of snow still to be melted. The solstice is a week away and pi day is tomorrow, can the flood on the Mississippi be far behind?


There was plenty of tennis to be played last week. I played the usual four times and stayed pretty fit until the Saturday morning session, when I was a bit fatigued and lost two of the three sets we crammed into 90 minutes. All in all, it was a good week, and proves again that you can't win them all. One should be content to actually play and finish them all without falling down. And I am.

3 comments:

Retired Professor said...

You definitely have a lot more snow than we do. I've been told that most of it vanished this past week.

I'm still undecided about what to do for pi(e) day tomorrow, but I'm having fun looking through my recipe folder.

You left out St. Patty's day -- between pi(e) day and the equinox. It'll be a busy day.

part irish geezer said...

Is it St Patty or St Paddy? It seems like Patty is right, but the paper has been using Paddy. What's the story?

Retired Professor said...

I think the Irish say Paddy as the short form of Patrick. I've heard the complaint that Patty is a girl's name, and thus inappropriate, but I've seen St. Patty used quite a bit.