Friday, January 1, 2010

Loose Change

I know it's a cheap joke, but I couldn't resist. The theme for the first day of 2010 is "change." I've been accumulating pennies in jars for a long time and I should probably roll them up and take them to the bank. The jars made for a pretty good photo on a very cold day. [If I had taken the photo outside, it would have been "cold cash."] I have heard that penny hoarding is rampant in America and I can see why. The country should call in all the pennies and round off purchases to the nearest nickel. There would be far fewer holes in pockets if that were to come to pass.



It's minus one degree, going down to minus 15 to 20 over night. Very definitely the coldest night of the new, new year. I went for a walk in the cold this afternoon - mostly to the drugstore and for a chance to see the blue sky again. The bonus for days when it gets this cold is that the sky is always clear, exhibiting the cold blue that defines the sky. The snow on my house is good contrast for the blue. It sort of "ties the room together."



Pie party for white elephants tomorrow night at the "maison de tousan."

2 comments:

Tucson Happenings said...

Happy New Year Jim, and may you have many smiles, good times and great tennis in the year to come.

Rich

votre soeur said...

Great photos -- and good twist on the 'change' theme. I liked the cold cash angle, as well. Not a reason to venture out into the deep freeze, though.

Pass along my New Year's greeting to those who brave the cold for your pie party.