Thursday, January 7, 2010

Eldon on the radio

Eldon Nelson, the Fat Cyclist (link to his blog), was on Public Radio tonight. I stumbled across the broadcast as I was getting some of that delicious Yang's Singapore rice noodles after tennis tonight. The program, The Story, was an interview with Fatty. He talked about his ride with Lance Armstrong and his Radio Shack team, among other tidbits. Fatty is a darn good story.

I am posting a photo from the poinsettia show at the Conservatory yesterday. It was a good day for the show yesterday and as good a day today. We got some more snow, I got to shovel a couple of times, and it got cold again. It's going down below zero again tonight, so the poinsettia's are meant to cheer me up.



I drove to Wooddale in the snowfall for tennis tonight. I left early because I knew it would take a long time to get there. As it was, I was a few minutes late, but had to wait a while for the hardcore girls to arrive. They had been held up by traffic slowed by an accident - caused by real iffy roads. The tennis was pretty good, however. We finished , and split, a couple of sets. Jerry noticed that the club was busier than usual. There are a lot of people acting on New Year's resolutions by showing up at the health club and working out. I think the population on the exercise machines will dwindle before February ... probably. Especially the guys who show up in dark socks. They are the ones who don't have enough resolve to even buy new athletic socks - or so Jerry says. He could be right.

Then I went to Yang's for Chinese curry and stumbled across Fatty on MPR.

January still is not my favorite month.

2 comments:

Santini said...

I've been meaning to listen to his NPR interview -- he linked to it on his blog. I'm a fairly regularly reader of Fatty's blog so I know the story.

Nice photo. If that intense red doesn't cheer you up, you probably should buy a plane ticket to Ft. Myers. There are a few poinsettia here, too. Planted in people's yards. For some reason, that always looks odd to me.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.