Friday, January 22, 2010

Another B&W photo

This photo came in email today from Carla, my cousin. It had been displayed with other photos in the church in Yellow Lake during Aunt Sue's funeral. Although I appear in the photo, I don't think I've seen it before. Aunt Sue is in the foreground. It seems to be have taken by Uncle Marvin from the driver's seat of his car in about 1950 in an unknown location. I'm guessing that it was taken in Webster, Wisconsin, in the late spring based on some cues in the photo. (The bush near the center looks springlike to me. There is part of a sign over Dad's shoulder.) I find it interesting that Tommy, Jimmy and Gene are dressed in nearly identical shirts - possibly homemade. Very cute. Jimmy is wearing suspenders, not a common occurrence these days.



It was a warm, sloppy day in Minnesota. The ice on the streets is puddling. I went to Fort Snelling this afternoon and played some tennis with Dennis, Prof Bill, and Brad. We finished a single set and got to 4-2 in the second before running out of time. I also was running out of energy due to my lack of lunch, I think. I came home and ate the leftovers from Yang's Chinese restaurant. Phoenix meal. Yum. My energy level has improved.

Kim Clijsters lost yesterday in the Australian Open, 6-0, 6-1, leaving a single Belgian woman in the draw - Justine Henin. Both of the American Williams sisters are still in contention.

2 comments:

Retired Professor said...

I'm going with the Black and Orange Liquor Store and Bowling Alley behind Dad, and we're all in front of the Carroll Building. Just a guess. The name of the Liquor store may have changed. The bowling alley is still there, last time I was through there -- I could be totally wrong.

Retired Professor said...

We moved to Coleraine in late 1950 -- I think this is a little earlier than that. Close enough, though.