Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Transition

I arrived safely back in cloudy Minnesota yesterday. It was after dark and the trip was uneventful. I'm posting a few of the Tucson photos because it's nice to remember what the sun looked like. The sky was always a lovely blue. Except at night when it was pretty black with stars sparkling through.

This photo is from Gates Pass on the way to the Desert Museum. I guess I was celebrating the fact that the tournament was over and we'd had a good time in the desert. I climbed to a minor peak in the pass and stood near a precipice to try to show the dramatic landscape in the photo. No animals were harmed in the production of this photo.



I took this at the Tucson Zoo. It's a small zoo in the same mammoth block that contains the Randolph Tennis Center. Jerry and I walked there on Thursday after our practice session. It's the first time I can remember being in the presence of rhinos. They are large animals. I also like to feature some wildlife on my blog from time to time and these creatures seem to qualify.



This shot was taken at the Desert Museum, west of Tucson. It shows some of the beauty of the desert and the mountains in the background.



Prof Bill called and invited me to play some tennis today, so I went to Fort Snelling to continue the wars with the rest of the geezer tennis association. We had some hard fought points and managed to finish a 7-5 set and part of a second one before our 90 minutes on the court elapsed. It was nice to get back to indoors tennis where the sun is never a factor and the wind never blows. My tennis game seems to be back after being thrown off beam by the altitude and the elements in the high desert. I had to play with a borrowed racket because I seem to have left both my rackets in Unky Herbs car after he picked me up at the airport, but the adjustment seemed seamless.

It's time now to start to get Thanksgiving plans in motion. I bought a turkey last night at Kowalskis - a 12.5 pound bird that is not frozen. I think feasting will begin in earnest the day after tomorrow if I can manage to get it roasted.

2 comments:

Retired Professor said...

Very nice photos. The high desert still looks alien, but beautiful in its own way. I'm glad you had fun.

12.5 pounds is a good size bird. I bought a 13.06 pound fresh bird. Pretty close. It sounds like Thanksgiving is at your house this year. Fun will be had.

TJ said...

hi this is totally jamien food lokes goood i have a laptop now and sorry for the late happy thansgiving i guss it just hapends like that