Thursday, November 26, 2009

Best Thanksgiving of the Year

We managed to get another Thanksgiving dinner pulled together in St Paul. A joint effort between PP, UH, TT, and Mr. Moohoo's clan culminated in a feast. We had plenty of food and a great pile of leftovers to sustain us another day. My free range, unfrozen turkey roasted to perfection - at least to my satisfaction - on time, and on the table. A view or Mr Turkey below.



We had a small, but hungry crew. We ate, watched some uninspiring football, and some after dinner walking occurred. Then we ate some pie - PP's apple pie with home made crust, and some savory pumpkin pie. There was some playing of Nintendo Wii and another Thanksgiving is in the books.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

4 comments:

BDE said...

It was one of the best, most tasty Thanksgivings ever (and we've had some great ones here and in Michigan). Thanks for the perfectly cooked turkey and stuffing etc etc and one of the best pieces of apple pie ever. The walk and the tennis (Wii tennis, of course) were fun and I had a wonderful time. Thanks.
PS Thanks also for my private gravy dish (filled with Mr. Moohoo's yummy gravy--John's recipe).

Retired Professor said...

That's a good looking crowd you had there. BDE had high praise for your meal, so I'd say it was a highly successful collaboration. PP does make excellent pie -- I feel a tiny bit bad that I didn't make homemade pie crust, myself. (That was her question for me on the phone.) I think I got a little overwhelmed by the whole three pies and fudge thing, and took the easy way out. I didn't make the family recipe cranberry bread either, since I had some cranberry/banana bread in my freezer. Which was very tasty.

The most exclaimed upon dish on my table was the jello salad.... best jello salad ever, apparently. It was good, but it was just a (very) fruity jello salad.

Thanks for calling. It was good to talk to you and the entire group.

TJ said...

hi nice that turkey looked good and in other wise i have laptop witch i am using right now in other wise i must say happy thansgiving

Anonymous said...

Hey you. Happy thanksgiving even though it's late. Things went well on this end. Tell the family I said hi. Can't wait to see the entirer bunch. I apologic for the awfule spelling.

Love,
nikki