Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Home

I'm home from Michigan. I brought some of the dune sand and 10 pounds of blueberries with me. The blues have been shared with friends of PP and Unky Herb, but we have still almost five pounds in the refrigerator. Normalcy is beginning to erupt. I have played tennis twice, doubles at Marie Park and an hour of singles rallying on the court on MacKubin Street, and am scheduled for more tomorrow. Today I checked the new Linwood Park court to see if the nets have been updated to real nets in my absence. To my relief, the courts are now standard issue, quality adjustable nets. The duct tape is gone. I will play on these courts sometime soon.



PP took a few photos of the trip home from the front seat of the Matrix. This one was taken shortly after the first downpour and just before the second downpour on the freeway (US 90) north of Chicago. The trip was about eleven hours on the road. My statistics for the round trip to and from Holland. 1321.3 miles using 41.92 gallons of gas for an overall mileage rate of 31.75 mpg. The gas cost $107.63. That's 8.15 cents per mile ($0.0815). The miles include 1160 travel trip miles and and 161 local miles.



I'm missing the sunsets, the lake shore, and the good company on the other side of the big lake.

1 comment:

Retired Professor said...

It's good to see a new post up from Tousan. We'd been wondering what you were doing, but suspected that you'd been playing a lot of tennis. Fresh legs are fun, I expect.

Nice nets -- new space to play is always fun, too.