Friday, August 28, 2009

August Wanes

There are monkeys and orangutans at Como Park. They don't always seem that happy.



I played a little tennis this morning to warm up for the weekend tournament. It rained overnight, so I had to sweep the water from the courts before we played. It was the second time that I've played at the new St Clair Avenue courts and the first time that I had to sweep it. It's a new surface, and thus it is pretty flat and not yet subject to puddling. The sweeping went faster than for other courts that I've swept lately. We mostly just stroked the ball back and forth, practiced volleys, served and returned serve some, and called it a day. It was morning tennis, but it was enough activity to warrant a nap. I think I'll be ready for my match tomorrow.

The US Open begins on Monday. Roger Federer and Dinara Safina are occupying the top seed positions. Andy Murray and Serena Williams are the second seeds. I think the champions will come from these four individuals. It will be an interesting tournament, as it usually is. My sentimental favorites are Andy Roddick and Venus - Andy because of his near win at Wimbledon, and Venus because she's Venus.

PP came home for a few minutes this afternoon. She's moving a few of her possessions today and finishing her move back to the homestead on Sunday. She was here for about five minutes and was off to see some friends.

1 comment:

Retired Professor said...

Good luck with your match today.

The new courts sound like they're working out well.

Allez, Venus.