Sunday, December 28, 2008

White Elephant and Pie Party

The Christmas themed white elephant and pie party took place tonight. We had a lot of pizza, a very good salad, some dessert pie, and tasty stuff to drink. I ate too much pizza and at the end there was plenty to send home with the Prairie Princess and her room mate. Four family size pizzas for 11 people is just too much pizza.



The white elephant part is always a lot of fun. We bring gag gifts, and sometimes ones that make us gag, and exchange them in a sort of random (but orderly) process. I usually end up with a Christmas salami or something like that. I almost was able to hang onto the Sarah Palin tee shirt, but Tula snatched it away at the last moment. I was hoping to wear it to my next tennis match. PP got a salad shooter (as seen on TV) and Gino grabbed the M&M dispenser that he is displaying in the photo. There was much merriment and witty talk. Eleven of the participants with their booty can be seen in the photo. I took the snapshot. Herb is in charge of my salami.

"Nothing says Christmas like a good piece of meat," Gino says.

And this piece of urban nonsense was spouted several times. What is it, and what does it mean? You'll have to check with the princess.
"I am a serious monster.
I have powers that you can't understand.
1-2-3-4-5! 6-7-8-9-10?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's true about the meat. :) A good time was had by all.

Anonymous said...

I don't recognize all of the booty, but I do recognize all the smiling faces. Good fun. Good meat, good cod, let's eat.