Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's Still Winter

Every year Minnehaha Falls does this. It freezes up and icicles hang from rock. This is what this year's version looked like today after several days of below zero luxury in Minnesota.


Curling last night was a good game, but we lost on the last rock delivered. I was the deliverer and nearly did enough to get a point to break a fifth end tie. Alas, we went down by a point. Our season has not been very successful, but we have hopes for the new year.

But I played a little better tennis tonight and the result was a little better, too. We managed to finish two sets and a part of a third, before we were timed off the court and I was able to go to Yang's for my Thursday night lomein dinner. I brought it home and shared it with Herb, who had not yet eaten dinner at my arrival at 9 pm. Tasty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice winter photography. That is a pretty spot, though I can only imagine what the hike back in to the falls was like.

Anonymous said...

Nice winter photography. That is a pretty spot, though I can only imagine what the hike back in to the falls was like. And technically, winter starts Sunday.