Sunday, December 14, 2008

Zero

The temperature has dipped to zero on its way to something below zero. Inside, PP, Herb and I put up the Christmas tree. We are ready for the holiday season. They, being young adults, went for a walk in the blizzard. I tried to get a photo of them in the swirling snow, but the flash caught snow flakes and they reflected the light back to the camera. Bad photos resulted. You'll have to use your imagination..


There was early afternoon geezer tennis that began at 2:30 pm and 27 degrees. By four when we quit playing the mercury (?) had slid to seven. The wind was blowing and the lights inside the Fort Snelling bubble, in rsponse to the wind, were swaying noticeably. I guess we are having our first blizzard of the season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see the smiling faces of the YG (younger generation). It will be good to have Kels home for Christmas this year, I expect. I don't do any blizzard walking any more, but I can remember having done it.

I might be a little nervous playing in a tennis bubble during a blizzard. 7 is a pretty low number for mercury. Not bad for pluto?

Flash Freeze was the weather headline here this morning. Warm enough to rain and melt some snow, then a 20 degree or more temperature drop in an hour or so, making the roads a mess here -- again.

Nice tree.