Sunday, December 7, 2008

Freshly Shoveled

It is indeed winter. The temperature was in single digits most of the morning and then it snowed. We reached a balmy 20 degrees by this evening. I shoveled the walks before tennis and shot a photo for the blog. It's gray and cold, but the walk was clear for a while.


I played my first USTA match in a while tonight at Wooddale. It was Jerry's 8.0 mixed team against a team based at the University of Minnesota courts. We managed to win two of the three matches for a team victory. I played with Marsha and we eked out a 6-4, 1-6, 1-0 (7) win. I think that leaves us in second place in the league. To celebrate and to alleviate our hunger, Jerry and I went to Ronnally's Pizza in Woodbury, next to Yang's and shared a sausage and mushroom pie. I rate the pizza a four star (****) pie.

PP and Herb are on their way back from their road trip to Chicago. PP took the Japanese proficiency test at the Japanese government offices there. They called from the road, near Madison, to let me know they were on their way home, and to check on the whereabouts of their tousan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A clear path to the front door ... what a concept. Luckily our mail is delivered at the street.

Good tennis-ing. And the pizza sounds good, too.