Sunday, September 14, 2008

Scouring Rush

Unky Herb and I took a road trip to Glyndon to visit with the Prairie Princess somewhere just east of Fargo. Part of the fun was venturing to Buffalo River State Park to check out the prairie there and the adjacent Nature Conservancy prairie. It was a raw, windy morning and we were all alone on the park fields. The plants that PP knows are legion - (many). The clump in front of the two plant lovers below is Scouring Rush, a kind of dry land, simple reed. I remembered its name with a simple memory device - attach the name to a ridiculous image and then remember the image. My image was of someone thoroughly scouring the posterior of one Rush Limbaugh with a wire brush. Quite hilarious.


We made it home after a nearly four hour drive, just a few minutes ago. I'm going to bed, but may update the trip report on the morrow. I have more photos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A road trip to the cold and windy prairie sounds (oddly) like fun.