Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hookers and Blow

The guy in the middle of my photo in the blue shirt and tie is our U.S. Senator and one of my neighbors, Norm Coleman. He was a two term mayor of the Saintly City. Norm had a speaking role at the convention tonight. He welcomed the conventioneers to "his" city. Norm is in a tight reelection battle with Democrat, Al Franken. I walked down Norm's block this week and counted the lawn signs. There were nine for Al Franken and one for Norm Coleman. This is a very blue city, but that's being out numbered by quite a lot. Norm used to be a Democrat, but became a Republican some years ago, while he was still mayor. There are those who haven't forgiven him.



The convention is going on at the X and I hear by the news that the anarchists are back on the streets, doing what they did yesterday. Stirring up commotion and getting arrested. That's how one gets on TV these days. I understand that a lot of the people arrested yesterday - almost 300 - are in jail until noon tomorrow.

One of the RNC parties last night was entertained by a musical group who calls itself Hookers and Blow. And the beat goes on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It will all be over soon enough, and you'll have your city back. I remember when it was considered impolite to talk about politics, religion or sex in public. I'm tending to agree.