Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ibu Caravan

Herb has invested in a Wii. He spent several hours getting used to the new controllers and the new games it allows. I even tried out tennis, golf and bowling. It's a pretty good way to waste a few hours. I managed to bowl a 189, which is better than I can do with real equipment.

Roger Federer won his fifth straight men's singles title at the US Open. He took care of Andy Murray in straight sets for his 13th grand slam title, one behind the lifetime record of Pete Sampras.

I played three sets of doubles yesterday. It was one of the best weather days of September so far. We played until it was almost dark and many of the points were long and well competed. It's almost time to go inside to play. Sunset comes early and the weather is noticeably cooler. I have somehow come up with a minor knee injury. It only seems to hurt after I play, but I'm back on the ibu caravan. Getting old is not for sissies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Getting old is not for sissies.

Wii bowling. If that isn't fun, what is?

Gino said...

GOINFS!

Anonymous said...

And a new acronym is born - GOINFS. TT