Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sack

Every once in a while a political cartoon will make me laugh out loud (LOL!). This morning the Strib featured this little topical beauty by their usual cartoonist - Sack is his name. He deserves a lot of credit for his sense of humor.



It was a coolish day and my outing was on foot again. Soon the weather may improve, if only the sunspots would start to appear on the sun. I walked by the baseball field at Linwood and a game was in session. The teams were about 4th graders, I'd guess, and they were in uniform playing what seemed to be a game that counted - notice the umpire. It's nice to see the game being played by kids and watching them do the same little things that I did at about the same age, but also realizing that they are operating with somewhat better equipment - metal bats and gloves that will actually catch a baseball.



I also stumbled upon several gardens which had blooming tulips. blazing red and bright yellow flowers, but I realized that my photos of tulips would pale next to those of the Tulip Festival going on downwind of here. The spring flowers are slowly appearing, but it sure has been a cold spring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty funny cartoon. Wit is a gift. I see more kids playing soccer than baseball or softball around here, don't know why. One has to brave the masses of tour buses and blue haired old ladies to view the big displays of tulips here this week. And the cold. No 70 degree weather in sight, the locals say. I remember a summer, not too long ago, when it was in the 40's when 'the family' was here, and Gino said he'd never again come to Michigan without cold weather gear. August, I believe. (Pedalling keeps you pretty warm, if you're dressed right. I'm rarely cold on my bike.)