Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Greening Up

The rains came again today and I stayed off the bike paths. Ms KS, however, put in a few miles on a trip over to Hamline to have lunch with Auntie BB. And yesterday Unky Herb partook in the ride your bike to work week, by riding his bike to work - round trip of 28 miles. Good job by the young'uns. One day soon, I may begin to amass some miles myself. The photo is a tree that grows in Minneapolis, somewhere near the merge of Minnehaha Creek with the big river. I was there surveying the damage to the creek bed from the wall collapse last week. It has been reported in the Strib, with requisite photos and by the TV talking heads, so I expected drama. I found the scene of the collapse to be less than dramatic, so I'm going with this tree photo - the leaves are filling out in spite of a general lack of May warmth.



Yesterday, I played some tennis with the gang of geezers at the courts at Marie. Dr Bill, the retired professor of American Lit from NDSU brought a play bill advertising a play that he will be performing in June. Apparently he has a 15 minute performance where he plays Mark Twain at a small theatre in Minneapolis. He looks a little like Mark Twain, white bearded with a twinkle in his eye, so it may be something worth seeing. This gang of guys that I play tennis with are an interesting and varied group. And they're pretty good at the game, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The rain and cool weather has arrived here as well. Hiking the falls and surrounds sounds like fun. I think our greening up is a bit ahead of yours, judging from your photo. SS

Anonymous said...

I like the appellation Auntie BB. It is kind of an oxymoron. I really liked lunch with Ms KS. We enjoyed sushi and I learned alot about Japan. She is a most excellent niece and person!
BB