Friday, March 21, 2008

So This Is Spring in Minnesota

Unless I miscounted, this is the second day of spring. Meteorological spring has been with us for 20 days. So that white stuff that is spread all over the ground like white frosting on a red devil's food cake, must be white frosting. So I took some pictures of it. Notice the tasty looking lumps of goodness.



Here, you notice that the frosting has been elaborately smeared on my backyard fence in a fetching way.



I took a day off from tennis ball bashing. There was some sort of basketball tournament on CBS, so I watched that for a while, and when I grew tired of free throws and TV timeouts, I did a crossword puzzle. Then, of course, I had a trip to the great outdoors to take the photos of the outside whiteness, whatever it is. Tomorrow I'll be back to the tennis courts in Woodbury.

Do you know what they call a quarter pounder with cheese in France?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

First full day, second day -- same deal. Equinox was 1:38am Thursday here -- so 12:38 where you are? Something like that. I'm not buying into the frosting thing -- looks like winter to me. Pretty, though. And no, I don't know what they call a fromage-burger in France. Please be so kind as to enlighten us. SS

Anonymous said...

So a short version of middle child syndrome -- middle children feel the need to have rules, and they also feel the need to break them. Does it fit? ~ Din Soster

Anonymous said...

"Royale with cheese", at least according to the popular film, "Pulp Fiction," but I'm not sure of the reliability of the source - Vincent, who is John Travolta's character. The different name is, of course, because of the metric conversion problem for pounds. Wikipedia says the Quarter Pounder is a "Cheese Royal" in France.

As to the middle child syndrome, I'm not sure that I have that strong a need to have rules, but breaking them has a certain attraction. Is that so wrong? TT

Anonymous said...

You're asking the wrong crowd. I am not averse to having a few rules -- but I do enjoy breaking a few minor ones now and then. SS

Emily said...

I can confirm that the Quarter Pounder with Cheese is in fact called a "Cheese Royale" at Mickey D's in France. Pulp Fiction is right about something.

Can the snow please be gone now?