Monday, March 31, 2008

Six Inches of Spring

Spring suffered a relapse today, and it may continue into tomorrow. It's not going to melt until probably Thursday. If this were December, I'd be outside shoveling, but the message for March snow to Mother Nature is, "You put it there, you shovel it."

The bushes in the back yard show the snow at about 5 pm. By 10 the depth had reached six inches.


I had tennis scheduled and I had to make up for a pitiful result in last night's USTA match, so I drove to Wooddale and played some tennis. The results were better. On the way over to the club, I observed a single vehicle that had lost traction and slid into the ditch. A tow truck was Johnny on the spot. The trip back was more harrowing, because the temperature had dropped and there were patches of ice forming on the pavement. One more vehicle, but one only in the ditch on the way home.

The target date for the return of Kagami Sensei to Minnesota is April 19, this according to an email that she sent to Unky Herb today. Details to follow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks like the wet, heavy snow, so letting Mother Nature take care of it is a good plan. I'm still on the injured list from my foray into shoveling similar looking stuff 10 days ago. SS