Thursday, March 20, 2008

Equinox, My Friend

I saw this car on Grand Avenue at noon after lunch at the Italian Pie Shoppe. It's an art car. There really is no good reason why we shouldn't have more of these driving around on the streets of America.



Today is the first day of spring. The vernal equinox came through earlier today. It's hard to take a picture of the equinox as I proved back in September on the autumnal equinox, but I welcome the return to longer days and nicer weather. Of course, we will have to get through the snow storm that is expected to descend on us overnight. But spring has sprung.

I played some tennis again tonight. I haven't played six straight days of tennis since I was on the Hamline tennis team in 1965, but the last six days have been tennis days. It wore me down and ate me up. The hardcore girls were `part of the action again at Wooddale. The scores were 7-6, 7-5 for Barb and me. Lucky for me, Barb played well and I kept the ball in play when I could. Tomorrow is a rest day. Probably, it is also a snow shoveling day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take a break!!!!! Rest days make you stronger. It sounds like the tennis version of TRAM, almost.

Pictures of the Equinox are not easy, but I like the arty car. You gonna paint the Matrix? ;-)

SS