Friday, March 28, 2008

Not Really Spring Yet

I have no new photos today. The landscape is in in-between mode, where it can't seem to decide to be spring or revert to winter. There are piles of snow in places unkissed by the sun. Some of them are still a couple of feet tall. There is bare ground and the items lost in the winter months are starting to reappear. I saw several lost mittens as walked around the neighborhood. Lots of young tykes apparently went without pie at some point this winter.

I have email today from Kagami Sensei from Singapore on her way to Chennai, India. She should be in Auroville, India, now, and will be planting trees in the next few days. Her diet is expected to be completely vegan. She seems to continue moving further and further west, but has promised to be home in about three weeks, with plans to stay for a while.

Thursday night tennis was competitive again. We lost the first set, but won the second. Jerry is still not playing because of his impending medical treatments, but we talked about him and his toughness. He will be out for at least another month, I think. By that time we'll be playing outside again.

There will be geezer tennis tomorrow morning, and then a USTA mixed doubles match on Sunday night. And then Monday doubles and Tuesday curling playdowns. I think that I may be playing a little too much. I'm wearing down a bit, so I'll need to take a day off soon.

Unky Herb went out for a bike ride tonight again. He wore his parka and a helmet over his stocking cap, and remained toasty warm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought Kels might have left Japan. Last night at pizza night TJ was showing me a dragon book that he got at the book fair at school. Several of them were 'from' Japan. He wanted me to warn Kelsey about them. He'll be happy when she returns to American soil, as none of the dragons were native to the US.

It isn't very pretty outside here, either. At least your tennis is indoors. SS

Anonymous said...

I meant to add 'Allez, Herb.'

SS