Saturday, March 29, 2008

Four Sets

It was a record day with the Gang of Geezers. We played and completed four sets in just over 90 minutes. It was not epic nor pretty. The points and games went fast for the most part. It was exercise and a chance to play the game we all love, but as sometimes the case, the scores were lopsided. Curt was in town from his winter place in Arkansas, and was a sub for Jerry. Curt drove the 800 miles to see a concert in the Saintly City and to visit his grandkids. He says that the trip cost him $398 for gas. He's driving a Toyota SUV that gets 19 miles per gallon at 80 miles an hour. It was good to see him and I congratulate him on his endurance.

Unky Herb is shown below with the very parka that he dons to ride his bike in March. I think it's the same stocking cap, too. We were on our way to the vegetarian restaurant on Grand for dinner when this occasion was recorded. There is a significant snow bank by the front door in a spot unkissed by the sun. I have used the word "unkissed" twice in two successive blogs and the spell checker continues to say that the word does not exist. I disagree.



We are still waiting for a week of 50 degree weather.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good tennis blogging. And nice photo of Herb in his biking (?) gear. I hope he wears warmer pants when he rides. It must be nearing spring when photos of dwindling snowbanks show up. My back yard is clear of snow, but I have a bank in my driveway from the plow guy. It may show up on my blog. :-) Santini

Anonymous said...

Blogger doesn't approve of 'Lakeshore' either. SS