Saturday, February 23, 2008

Still February-ish

Unky Herb missed his New York trip, but still seems pretty happy. He was in the zoo when this was taken.



A flower from the floral gathering at the Conservatory. The light was good and I used the macro setting to capture this iris(?). Why can't anyone figure out how to record aromas for later play back? There is a fortune to whomever accomplishes the process.



Too much tennis in the last three days, so I'm taking tomorrow off. Seven sets in three days can cause aches and pains and occasionally injury. This morning at Wooddale the geezers played three sets. My scores 6-4, 3-6, 5-7 reflect some tired tennis on my part. It was Jerry's last tennis before his surgery, so we stayed around and chatted for a while. The other three guys - Bill, Bill, and Jerry - have had jobs in slaughter houses at one time or another in their pasts, mainly as summer jobs that encouraged them to return to college in the fall. They had some stories about their adventures and experiences gruesome enough to permanently curtail my ingestion of hot dogs and sausages. I'm getting pretty close to being a vegetarian. Although I like a good helping of feta grouper when it's available.

The temperature rose to a few feeble degrees above freezing today. Spring is threatening to make an appearance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photo of the lad. He doesn't look too sad about his foiled plans. It still looks like winter, however. February is a short month, and it is nearly over. I am not sure about the flower, but I think it may be some sort of lily. Very pretty. SS

Anonymous said...

the flower is a star gasser lily they are realy something aren't they pm