Saturday, February 9, 2008

Back to the Norm

The street where I live reflects nicely the current climate. There is no sign of global warming on this February weekend. The current outside temperature is minus five degrees Fahrenheit, on its way to something less.



My Saturday tennis group is having a tough time gaining a quorum this week. Besides the usual aches and pains of guys with old bones and artificial joints, there are vacations in progress to escape the cold, and some illness. I, myself, was not too disappointed by today's cancellations, because I'm trying to defeat a cold that somehow struck while I was in Florida, and accompanied me home. I was enough better to cook some of Tousan's fabled spaghetti sauce and paired it with Japanese soba noodles at the suggestion of Unky Herb. Adding one of Herb's famous salads and some Brussels Sprouts added color and nutrition to a cold day on the tundra. We ate well and eclectically.

Thursday's mixed doubles went well enough. We split sets and ran out of time before a winner could emerge. The hard core girls were there, but a sub played for Jerry. It was nice to be back on the blue hard courts at Wooddale, but I missed the orange orchards of Spring Hill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looked like a black and white photo until I clicked on it and saw the red car. Brrrr. The orange groves of Fl. Yup, that's the way to play tennis in winter. SS