Saturday, December 15, 2007

W00t, w00t!

The three straight days of tennis are done. The best result was the USTA mixed doubles match last night. We had a nice match and managed a win, 6-2, 7-6. Our opponents were young, but inconsistent enough so we were able to win enough points for the victory. They seemed a little upset that they had been struck down by a geezer and a grandma, but life is like that sometimes. The 8.0 team as a whole managed to win all three matches and are now 2-2 after four clashes. I went back to Wooddale for some geezer doubles this morning. It was fun, but these old guys were hard to get points from. Tennis Dennis was giving me a hard time about being old, even though he is about 2 years older than me. But, because Bill C was there, TD was only the next to oldest. I reminded TD that at least I was doing my part to lower the average age of the geezer dudes. All this is mainly interesting to me, but it's what I have to say today.

Christmas is 10 days away. I am posting another poinsettia photo in the spirit of the season and to add some color to the day.



The temperature was 3 degrees here this morning. Too cold. Minneapolis was temperatureless at zero. A warming trend is predicted, but December remains a totally frozen month. Not a moment above 32 degrees since November 26.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

w00t, w00t, indeed! Sounds like fun. Interesting that GZ's post was about how young and strong won the field, and yours was a lesson in how experience can overcome youth. Good story telling, good post.