Friday, December 21, 2007

Bad Air Day II

Merry Christmas. It's only slightly premature and I have a photo of one of the decorations on my Christmas tree to decorate the blog. This comes under the heading of "fun with photography."



It was another air alert day for the Saintly City, but the level has abated and the forecast says snow and better air. The principal pollutant is particulate matter. There is only one day of the year with less daylight than today. And that is tomorrow, which is 4 seconds shorter.

My main exercise of the day was a walk to Grand Avenue and a turn around the aisles of one of the fine emporiums of capitalism on the street. The stores are pretty busy with last minute shoppers. I spent a little time in line at Regina's Chocolates on St. Claire. It's a locally owned and operated (since 1926) candy store that seems to be having a very good sales season. It doesn't have a web site. On days that are distant from major candy holidays it is an easy place to get service, but when I left the store today the line stretched to the exit and the prospective customers blocked my way out. They were shopping locally.

There is a lot of Christmas activity in the air, and with the impending snow, the whitish Christmas that we all dream about is very likely to come to pass.

There will be another day of tennis tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun with photography is a major motivator for blogging activity, I believe. Nice ornament. Raggedy, but nice. SS

Anonymous said...

Friday morning saw my last foray into a store until Christmas is over. I intend to stay far away from any shopping areas until the hibbub dies down. Gotta love online shopping!
Have you ever tried Wii tennis? Not the same thing as the real game, but still a lot of fun! -NM

Anonymous said...

NM - I have not tried Wii tennis, mostly because my efforts to buy one, although feeble in the off season, have not met success. I am expecting a chance to play in the next year or so when the manufacturer catches up with demand. I promise to report on any Wii tennis experiences. TT