Friday, December 7, 2012

Tails of the cat

December seems to be rolling right along.  I took a little vacation from blogging after that November marathon, but it seems like the muse is beginning to stir once more and I'm back at the keyboard.

Today is the 71st anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, a day that began our entry into WWII. I don't remember it in person, of course, because it was 10 months before I was born.  I guess it was a pretty dramatic day and it very much affected the lives of everyone now living in America.  Some say that WWII was what finally got the U.S. economy out of the Great Depression.

It's a snow day here in the Saintly City. I guess we're getting a couple of inches of snow tonight, and then maybe 3-8 inches tomorrow night. It's probably about time that we get a snow event, and it may portend a white Christmas.  I have email from PP in her perch on the equator rueing the months she's spent without a hint of cold, much less any white wonderfulness on the ground. She may be sorry once she gets here, but that's her current sentiment. Incidentally, she's scheduled to arrive on her visit to the old country (here) on the 19th at 11 p.m.   Jet lagged and tanned from her time in the African sun.

I have spent some hours in the last few days at Crosby Farm Park, just walking around (JWA?).

Cat tails are going to seed. This one resides in Crosby Farm Park. After today the background will be a more apt wintry white.


Another cat tail photo on a much nicer day. This is from early August.

2 comments:

Retired Professor said...

JWA sounds about right.

The snow line seems to be sinking south more slowly this year than in most.

It will be good to have Kelsey home again for while, I'm sure. It's a long trip home -- if I remember correctly, she's going to Norway first? Good thing she's young, it makes me tired just thinking about it!

Gino said...

Tired just thinking about it.

Those cattails are non-native, I believe.