Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Yogi is me

It was 35 degrees this morning in southwest Florida, a record low for the day in Port Charlotte, but by this evening we had warmed to 75 degrees. It was a nice enough day to picnic in the park, engage in raucous singing, and to take a short bike ride around the waterways. Santini is pictured below in front of her hacienda just prior to the ride, wearing appropriate riding apparel. The gale force winds of previous rides had abated and it was a pleasant seven and a half miles.


We've been dining at a small Greek restaurant, Olympia, not far from here. I've been feasting on their assortment of local fish dishes - grouper and tilapia. The food is good and their Greek salad with feta cheese never fails to please. John and Santini seems to have become regulars there and I am happy to join them for the vittles.

Tomorrow, I'm off to play some clay court tennis in Spring Hill with Paul Bouchard, my high school tennis coach. The geezers we beat last year want a rematch. To be fair, the tennis was very good, the matches close, and the guys were warm and friendly, at least after we left the courts. I look forward to smacking some forehands and some friendly competition.

Another beautiful day in southwest Florida.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've had way more than your minimum of two fish meals per week in the last few days. Though I think there was some shrimp and even scallops thrown in there, too. I apologize for the video I posted on my blog, too. BB says it is my fault, as the director and cinematographer. Santini