Thursday, February 19, 2009

Panther Pointing

Santini took me on a bike ride in a gale this morning. It was short enough and no one got hurt, tired perhaps, but not hurt. We went to the beach along a circuitous route that guaranteed plenty of upwind riding. I felt strong on the way back.

This p.m we went in search of the promised parade of Tampa Bay Ray baseball millionaires in downtown Punta Gorda. I brought my camera, and took some photos, but have been unable to download them to Santini's computer. I took this photo with Santini's camera in front of a Punta Gorda civic building on the way to the parade. The sculpture of the panther is old and rusting a bit, but is the only panther that I've seen this week.




The parade was very parade-like, civic dignitaries and high school bands passed by while we waited for the young men representing the 2008 American League champs. As it turns out, I didn't recognize many of the players, but an old Minnesota Twin, Jason Bartlett, was in attendance, riding in an open car as the shortstop on last year's team. I didn't get a picture.

I had some nice Greek food this evening at Olympia restaurant, including a Greek salad sprinkled with feta cheese and grouper marsala. It was a good day, but a day without any tennis or sightings of Barack Obama.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No unsightly bulge alerts, either. In spite of the wind, it was a pretty nice day in SW FL.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I found the statue of the rooster oddly troubling. SS

Gino said...

LOL about the bicycle ride. Strong on the way back is always uplifting.

That sculpture deal appears to me to be a wild pig.

Jason Bartlett, Ray MVP, I believe.